Updates regarding COVID-19
(as of April 2nd, 2020)
Our facility is closed for all large events, activities, and services through June 10th. All programs, events, and activities have been postponed for the month of April. We continue to pray for all communities, families and individuals affected during this time.
Nonprofit and Small Business Resources
- Our essential staff are staying active sprucing up some common spaces in the facility, all while practicing social distancing! We look forward to our community experiencing a fresh building when activity picks up again.
ODVA - Keeping Our Athletes Active
- ODVA has implemented the SET program, which stands for -
- Squad - Each week the athletes will come together to talk about the goals they have met for the week, go over the film, chat about a book or movie and just have fun spending some time together as a team. Whether that be through zoom, facetime, or even tik tok...then set your goals and assignments for the next week.
- Educate - Our hope is to also increase the athletes IQ for the game. We will give them the resources they need to help them identify and learn why things happen on the court.
- Train - As we all know there is very little off season for our athletes. It is important that they take the time to build the strength they need to not just perform the skills but to protect their bodies from injury. Our athletes will work on exercises to help build strength, focus on mobility, and even fundamental skills each week.
- Our coaches and directors are also practicing social distancing, while staying connected!
Partnering to Help Fellow Nonprofits